I just finished Days of Deja Vu. You have beautifully described something I always wanted to do. But your description of the loneliness and the storms you faced have helped me know that it may have been best not to pursue that dream. When I was much younger - in sea scouts, and later as a day sailer - the rougher it got the more I liked it. Many years later, I feel that the rougher it gets the less I like it. Never-the-less, a tip of the hat to you for an outstanding voyage, and an outstanding book which described it. I also admire your sense of Spirituality.
Hi Jo and Nancy, thanks for commenting on my site. It was a lovely comment and I appreciate your taking the time, and the nice words and thoughts. I suppose if I had known what those bad lonely days would have been like, I too may have abandoned the dream, but I was too young and green to call upon any experience and to know better! :)
However, once I decide to do something I find that it is very difficult to just quit.... again lack of experience, because now as I grow older and have done other things, I now can draw upon life's experiences and know when it is smart to quit!!...I am glad that I managed to pull off my sailing trip and live to tell the tale! and I bet it's the one thing I will have to repeat to the grand kids when they arrive :)
I am delighted to hear that you could relate to the book and that you enjoyed it!
I wonder if you wrote a little review on the book site and if so under what name, so I can read it again, now having chatted to you??
Either way, thanks again and God Bless, sincerely, Jonathan. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070F2TL6
I just finished Days of Deja Vu. You have beautifully described something I always wanted to do. But your description of the loneliness and the storms you faced have helped me know that it may have been best not to pursue that dream. When I was much younger - in sea scouts, and later as a day sailer - the rougher it got the more I liked it. Many years later, I feel that the rougher it gets the less I like it. Never-the-less, a tip of the hat to you for an outstanding voyage, and an outstanding book which described it. I also admire your sense of Spirituality.
ReplyDeleteJoe M
Hi Jo and Nancy, thanks for commenting on my site. It was a lovely comment and I appreciate your taking the time, and the nice words and thoughts. I suppose if I had known what those bad lonely days would have been like, I too may have abandoned the dream, but I was too young and green to call upon any experience and to know better! :)
ReplyDeleteHowever, once I decide to do something I find that it is very difficult to just quit.... again lack of experience, because now as I grow older and have done other things, I now can draw upon life's experiences and know when it is smart to quit!!...I am glad that I managed to pull off my sailing trip and live to tell the tale! and I bet it's the one thing I will have to repeat to the grand kids when they arrive :)
I am delighted to hear that you could relate to the book and that you enjoyed it!
I wonder if you wrote a little review on the book site and if so under what name, so I can read it again, now having chatted to you??
Either way, thanks again and God Bless,
sincerely,
Jonathan.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070F2TL6